Indian Cyclists Network

Ride Alert 11th Jan 09 (Manori, gorai, uttan belt) (7 am)

Hello Bikers,

this time we plan to do Manori - Gorai - Uttan Belt, as per discussed with few others. since the climate is cool
will be fun riding there, with no vehicles around. Trees on both side of roads along with cool breeze.

Earlier images of gorai side

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27375389@N03/2918608093/

Start point will be Uncles kitchen Restaurant on link road.

please refer to the four way. that will be the starting point.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=uncles...

Be there by 7 am.

This will be fun, boat for other end and also off road ride can be done.

--
anoop

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The ride was very good. I was happy to see some new faces :). Anyway the best part about the ride was the famous Climb :). Its even higher gradient than the Aarey Guest house.... It was fun doing that uphill & I loved it so much that I did it twice non stop....not to mention the fun coming downhill.

I plan to go there again this saturday.
Hi Kaushik. Climbing is fine. Even I enjoy climbing. But its the downhill I am unsure of. Would not want to be carried home. None of my bikes have the kinds of brakes your 3700 has. Actually before you said my other bike was not stopping, I did not have anything majorly against those brakes. I thought they were stopping a bit weakly, but that was that. The Thunder has slightly better brakes, but after seeing the 3700, I am considering upgrading the brakes on The Hawk and Thor.
Well I too was surprised seeing you startled by the power of my 3700 breaks :). I did have my share of couple of instances when I've managed to do a stoppie (back wheel up in the Air) on flats....but never had any complaints on downhills.

Even at TFN after the great Ooty downhill many riders with Hydraulic Disc Breaks of both Trek & Merida were complaining that the breaks were skidding & they weren't feeling safe. But I was completely happy with mine & they worked flawlessly :). But the point to notice was that none of the V-Break MTBs were complaining.
I have got some xtra grip pads , if u r interested.
It was a gr8 ride . and all the co-cyclist ware very co-operative . I enjoyed a lot , i had never thought that i will be completing approx.60 Kmtrs per day /session with up&down hills .( from 4Bunglows to uttan and back)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service