Punctures are independent of the thickness of tyres. The frequency of punctures increase if the tyres of your bike are low in quality.
I know some of the names of tyres which are good like Kenda, Shwalbe, Bontrager etc. So whenever you see a bike look for the tyres too.
Hercules ACT110s-7.5K, its decent bike
Schwinn Sporterra-12.5K, its value for money bike(if its possible to extend your budget this much, when i drove this bike, i didn't like any other bike, but budget is a constraint for me, so i am not going for it)
Raleigh rs100- around 6.5K(by default it comes with Raleigh gears, but i would recommend to get it changed with shimano gears)
For Road bikes:-
Fomas road king delux-around 7-8K
Thanks and Regards,
This information will help me to select my First Bike.
What is ur view on Hero Octane Recra which also comes in this budget?
I am also planning to get my first bike in the same budget you had, by now you must be very experienced in bikes. Could you please suggest my any good hybrid bike. Thanks
for 25 kms, back and forth, geared bike is not all that must. gears come in to play for longer, specific trails.
why go for all the frills and maintenance of a entry level geared bike.
my suggestion would be to go for a single speed hybrid bike from Hercules range (5k) and add 5 k towards adding quality components to it.
here is, to the best of my understanding how you should go...
1. select a light and good frame which you are comfortable with.
2. add good quality tyres and wheels to it.(check if they can upgrade it for you.
3. go for single speed option and not geared.
4. select a good saddle (seat)
i think, this way you will get a a decent ride. as wheels, tyres, hubs make for most comfortable ride.
I need you serious help in selecting a bike....my prefernces are as belwo
1. My height is 6'4'' so i need a cycle which is suitable for my height and looks good on me also
2. Budget : Less than 15000
3. I will be using it on roads but i prefer an MTB becaus eof the looks
4. Gears: Hardly matters as I will be using it for cycling for around 5-7 kms daily in the morning
Thanks to all the replies in advance, i want to close this by tomorrow and start cycling from Monday morning.....